Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back home

Im back home now.
I miss the ocean.
I miss the long walks along the sand.
I miss writing silly things in the sand.
I miss staring into the crystal blue sky and spotting pictures within the clouds.
I miss stargazing at night time.
I miss the taste of mud in my mouth.
I miss playing golf.
I miss the conversations i had with a variety of different people.
I miss the meeting of new people.

All in all i had a fabulous time at the beach. At first i was lonely but after new years things were fab. New year, new people, new fun! It feels like i really have been on a holiday. Even thou i had to travel into Np every now and again for work it didnt really bothered me (except having to fill the fuel tank a little more).

Spending time with friends, the late night chats, sleepovers, attempting rubix cube, water fights, bach vs campers cricket game, pulse ranger - the game, mudflats, the cliff 'hike', and the good times at the other beaches aka Wai-iti and Whitecliffs have all been memorable moments of my holiday 20 mins away from home.

I guess my holiday is over for now - time to knuckle down and keep working hard. Im pleased to know Lone Star and Waiau have both asked me to do more hours, spesh when all the school kids go back. I am happy to take up this offer, more money the better!

I have a week to look forward too as well, Monday: Shopping for 'mufti police clothes', Tuesday: Day with the police, Wednesday: Day off, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday working. And the folks and bro are back into their routine of motor x so they will be away. Parachute this weekend..hmm i said a while back i was going to go. But not this year. Im really slack at organising myself besides dunno if i can afford it, im saving. It is a shame because i think it would have been fun. Oh well theres always next year, or the year after and so on!

On a high i am so excited to see one of my best mates from intermediate. She is coming home this week from Auckland. She moved from Sacred Heart when i did and we have kept in contact every so often but slowly drifted (as ya do). But we have so much in common and im really looking forward to a catch up with her this week - fingers crossed. Guess the saying goes 'friends once, friends always' - and even though we were close back then and we both moved away, we are both still close enough to make the effort and meet back after 5 years. School friends really do last.

Ah so its time i end this i think, havent really got much else to say. Im going to go back to my book. 'The Pact' by Jodi Picoult. I enjoyed it at the beginning but not so much now, i dont often find books like this either, her other books have been really good though. But we shall see its not finished yet.

All in all, a great week had, bring on the next one!

No comments: