Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year

Happy New Year!

As i write this i am sitting on my new laptop- the one i received for christmas. I have come home for a couple of hours just as a change of scenery. I get lonely at the beach but then again i do enjoy my alone time.

Its been an interesting few weeks. Christmas came and went and i had a wonderful day-was definetly one of my best days of the year.

New Years has also been and gone-was a pretty good night, the beach was reletively quiet. I was well behaved even if i did realise i give into peer pressure far too easily. Thankfully i have enough sense not to try anything too dumb. There was a tinge of sadness when the countdown to midnight finished. Amy and I both realised that this is the year of change-the first thing i said to her was, that i was off to Auzzie soon and that she was going to uni next month. We stood there in silence for a minute or so just thinking about it all. Its a scary thought and it still hasnt hit me that we are not going back to school and i am not going to see alot of people probably ever again. I have also realised who my true friends are just over the last couple of months =]

The last few weeks i have been spending my time at our bach out at urenui. It has been rather nice, boring and lonely some days but also funfilled on other days. The water fights and mudflats are definetly my highlights and i cant imagine much more of a summer then that. I have been keeping myself very busy though. Have worked everyday this week except Wednesday. Next week i look forward to not being as tired with a few days off in the middle of the week. What do you expect with 3 jobs though? I think when February comes around i will be very bored and wont know what to do, so i am not complaining too much :P

I did have a dream last night about moving to Australia. I woke up quite sad, I dont really know why because in a way i am looking forward to it. I guess its just gonna take a bit of getting used to it over there. And my biggest worry is im not going to have anything to do over there, eg work. Im sure everything will work out though and i will eventually become more happy/excited then sad/worried closer to the time.

But yes, its been a pretty good few weeks, Havent had too many dramas so all is well =]

Bring on 2009 i say!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey!

Wow, solemn reflections! (except they were looking forward not back!) 3 Jobs! Thats alot! I still owe you a bike ride so as soon as my ankle is healed (give it 1 or 2 more weeks), Tarata here we come!!! I should come and visit you on your days off in Urenui.. I can hobble and swim, just not a huge amount else lol! Looking forward to catching up with you - i haven't seen you all year!!!

Stay safe, love you, have fun, text me? J xoxoxox

Emma said...

Rachy Poo!
I miss you. I'm glad you're having fun at the beach.
America is still the highlight of my life pretty much. Am loving it and have asked Mum if I can change my ticket to stay an extra week. Haven't heard from her yet.
See you soon.
Love much.