I apologize for my lack of blogging. I have signed in here numerous times but never seem to get one published.
I guess this post is going to be dedicated to the amazing year I have had.
After traveling the Northern Hemi. Which included Skiing the Rockies, working at camp for the third time, seeing the big sites of the world, such as Niagara Falls, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, The White House, Disney World, NASA, The Bahamas to name a few. I can not even begin to imagine what my life and experience would have been like if it weren’t for all the amazing people I met along the way though.
I posted most of my Canadian experience all on here, which was good. I was able to make time for that. It all stopped when I reached camp.
Another amazing year at Pisgah! I am so blessed with the guys and gals I met here, both staff and campers. This year was my year of growth and leadership. Took on the responsibility as a Unit Leader and loved every moment of it.
Working along side great staff in Pioneer Ridge each week proved to be a pretty successful 3 months. I also got to take another trip to DC. Stoked! My favorite week however was CSI. We had to plan a crime scene investigation for the girls to try and figure out. It was totally awesome and loved every minute of it.
I also got to see a bit more of North Carolina with trips to Waterfalls, lakes and new cities amongst the mix. I can not decide which year at Pisgah was my favorite. They all hold a special place in my heart. I hope that I will return one day and see the young campers all grown up as staff.
Camp was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. And I recommend it to everyone back home. Camp is my second home. Camp is where I found myself. Camp is where I’ve chosen a career. Camp is where I have made lifelong friends and family. Camp is simply the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
Moving on from camp, I headed North back to Golden, BC for one final stop. I did a bunch of climbing/hiking with the boys. It was so great to be back in the Mountains and also hanging with the guys after 3 months of females. Haha. I climbed to the top of Kicking Horse Resort as well. Seeing the mountain not covered in snow was quite a shock to the system. But so so worth it.
I left Golden knowing I would be back some day. There are people there that are near and dear to my heart and I miss them so.
Next stop Vancouver. Final stop before home. I literally wandered, relaxed, slept, ate sushi, read my book and people watched. Oh and reflected on the amazing year I had traveling. Looking back now I am grateful I had 2 days to actually sit down and look back on all that I’d achieved. It really was pretty bittersweet.
The arrival home was somewhat bizarre. Within a day or two it was as if I’d barely been away. Horrible to think that I know, but things just went back normal within a day or two. I was living back home and back at my old job. There was, however, a hole in my heart. The separation from my closest friends was pretty hard. Things surely went back to ‘normal’ here but I didn’t quite settle in for at least a month after. I felt quite alone and a bit out of place. I have learnt to accept that I am not heading back overseas now [for a while] and with that have gained a bit more appreciativeness of being back home. I miss everyone dearly. I miss the freedom. I miss the traveling. I miss the independency. I miss just looking out my window and seeing mountains or snow. But that is life and I am truly thankful for where I am today and what I have accomplished.
I posted most of my Canadian experience all on here, which was good. I was able to make time for that. It all stopped when I reached camp.
Another amazing year at Pisgah! I am so blessed with the guys and gals I met here, both staff and campers. This year was my year of growth and leadership. Took on the responsibility as a Unit Leader and loved every moment of it.
Working along side great staff in Pioneer Ridge each week proved to be a pretty successful 3 months. I also got to take another trip to DC. Stoked! My favorite week however was CSI. We had to plan a crime scene investigation for the girls to try and figure out. It was totally awesome and loved every minute of it.
I also got to see a bit more of North Carolina with trips to Waterfalls, lakes and new cities amongst the mix. I can not decide which year at Pisgah was my favorite. They all hold a special place in my heart. I hope that I will return one day and see the young campers all grown up as staff.
Camp was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. And I recommend it to everyone back home. Camp is my second home. Camp is where I found myself. Camp is where I’ve chosen a career. Camp is where I have made lifelong friends and family. Camp is simply the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
Moving on from camp, I headed North back to Golden, BC for one final stop. I did a bunch of climbing/hiking with the boys. It was so great to be back in the Mountains and also hanging with the guys after 3 months of females. Haha. I climbed to the top of Kicking Horse Resort as well. Seeing the mountain not covered in snow was quite a shock to the system. But so so worth it.
I left Golden knowing I would be back some day. There are people there that are near and dear to my heart and I miss them so.
Next stop Vancouver. Final stop before home. I literally wandered, relaxed, slept, ate sushi, read my book and people watched. Oh and reflected on the amazing year I had traveling. Looking back now I am grateful I had 2 days to actually sit down and look back on all that I’d achieved. It really was pretty bittersweet.
The arrival home was somewhat bizarre. Within a day or two it was as if I’d barely been away. Horrible to think that I know, but things just went back normal within a day or two. I was living back home and back at my old job. There was, however, a hole in my heart. The separation from my closest friends was pretty hard. Things surely went back to ‘normal’ here but I didn’t quite settle in for at least a month after. I felt quite alone and a bit out of place. I have learnt to accept that I am not heading back overseas now [for a while] and with that have gained a bit more appreciativeness of being back home. I miss everyone dearly. I miss the freedom. I miss the traveling. I miss the independency. I miss just looking out my window and seeing mountains or snow. But that is life and I am truly thankful for where I am today and what I have accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment