Friday, July 24, 2015

Choices

In life we are faced with many different choices.

Some as simple as what to wear for the day, what to eat for breakfast, or what colour toothbrush to buy?

A choice is defined by dictionaries as, 'an act of choosing between two or more possibilities.'

We go through life consciously making simple choices but better still choices to define who we are as a person, and who we want to become.

It has been a matter of decision making and choices for me as i have pondered over my life in a cast for the past seven weeks. To begin with, there was a bit of stuff going on which affected me greatly but i had the choice to, let it bring me down and affect me or to accept what happened and to move on. I chose a bit of both, however once the acceptance was prominent, it felt as though a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

Other minor decisions i had to make where:
  • What am i going to do all day while i can't move or walk around?
  • What am i going to eat that isn't just going to pile on weight for me?
  • Do i have a particular book i want to finish?
  • How am i going to get to my appointments?
  • How am i going to go food shopping?
  • How do i see my friends?
  • What do i want to achieve in my downtime?

A major decision however was to accept a Senior Instructor Job in Wanganui, at Camp Raukawa. I had the full time frame of being off work to think about this position. Earlier this week i declined the offer. It's a choice, i hope i will not regret. The end decision has come down to simply, doing what i think is best for me. 

I have a huge passion for being in the outdoors and becoming an outdoor instructor is a huge goal/dream of mine. I also took on a job with the Y in hope i could work at one of their camps. There were so many people that knew this was the 'perfect' job for me. But i believe the timing just wasn't right. 

I wouldn't say i am entirely happy in my job at the moment, because my hours have cut back again and i will be continuing the split shifts. But for now, i still have a job and the people and children i work with are awesome!

However, in three weeks time, i have a choice to make in regards to staying with the Y and doing split shifts, looking for an additional job or looking elsewhere for full time employment. It's a minor choice. But one, which could affect me, emotionally, mentally, financially and physically. 

A reminder to myself that choices are to be made and i am in full control of them when it comes to Me! 

I do have a choice to make in my present situation.
I do have a choice to make for employment.
I do have a choice to control my financial situation. 
I do have a choice with who i speak too and who i hang out with.
I do have a  choice in what i wear each day.
I do have a choice in what i eat or buy. 
I do have a choice in who i confide in.
I do have a choice to be Me. 

No comments: