Journey is defined as:
1. An act of travelling from one place to another.
2. A long and often difficult process of personal change and development.
Today I embarked on a new journey in my life. I am travelling from one place to another and i am experiencing change and development to myself on quite a high scale.
I hopped aboard an aeroplane (I really mean four) and am currently on my way to Orlando to begin a new career as a Disney employee. This new experience is going to be quite an eye opener. I've never done anything like this and i just can't even begin to imagine what it is going to be like. It will test me, physically, emotionally, and mentally for sure. A test of my weaknesses but also a boost for my strengths (i hope).
Right now, I am on my last flight south to Florida. It has been a very long day.
I woke up on Monday, 14th March and had to fill six hours before I could even get on the first plane. Now that itself seemed like a long day, but that was just the beginning.
[Okay woah mega turbulence right now...]
Today I embarked on a new journey in my life. I am travelling from one place to another and i am experiencing change and development to myself on quite a high scale.
I hopped aboard an aeroplane (I really mean four) and am currently on my way to Orlando to begin a new career as a Disney employee. This new experience is going to be quite an eye opener. I've never done anything like this and i just can't even begin to imagine what it is going to be like. It will test me, physically, emotionally, and mentally for sure. A test of my weaknesses but also a boost for my strengths (i hope).
Right now, I am on my last flight south to Florida. It has been a very long day.
I woke up on Monday, 14th March and had to fill six hours before I could even get on the first plane. Now that itself seemed like a long day, but that was just the beginning.
[Okay woah mega turbulence right now...]
Anyways where was I? Ah yes, I flew out from NP airport at 430pm and then from Auckland at 7:30pm. The layover was brief and was spent in the koru lounge face timing and eating dinner. The flight from Aux to LAX was super full and there wasn't much space to move around or anything, and the lady next to me barely said a word. Pretty hard for someone so chatty and fidgety as me. You could say I went on a few walks and just spoke to the staff. I was able to watch two movies and then tried to sleep. However, much to my frustration and disappointment this didn't happen. I do know I napped for about half an hour because I was dreaming about the bed I was going to get to sleep in when I got to Orlando.
[Yikes don't think I've ever been on a plane with this much turbulence. Ohhh my gosh!! Get it it together United Airlines! - current flight situation].
After my arrival in LAX, it was straight to the terminal to check bag in for next flight. Pretty sure I walked just over a kilometre to the next terminal. From there, I pretty much boarded the plane. Talk about no time for food!!! By now i was starving! On the LAX - Houston flight I was fortunate enough to sit by some lovely people who i had a good chat too before crashing out. I legit had a power nap. It felt like hours but the lady next to me said, it was no more than 20 minutes. It made me feel a bit better though and I was ''alive, awake, alert, enthusiastic". Following on I checked my ticket and realised we were landing at 19:10pm and the next flight was boarding at 19:01pm. Talk about complicated!! I think Disney (they booked my ticket) think we're like Olympic athletes or can time travel cause dam that was impossible to be in two places at once. Fortunately for me i was near the front of the plane and there were a few of us who had to walk/run as fast as we could to the next terminal. Go figure it was legit the most furtherest gate away too! I was still super hungry too - i went past SO many food shops but knew i couldn't stop, there was no time. The boarding had all been completed by the time I arrived and the standby passengers were being called up for the late comers seats #luckyimadeit
So now i'm sitting on the plane, half asleep typing out my first blog of my new journey. I told people I'd update so sticking to my word and it gives me something to do. Haha although if you saw how non grammar perfect this was you'd laugh. With my fat fingers typing and the added drowsy eyes it does not make for a coherent entry. Think I may send tomorrow after iv had some rest and can spell check.
It's food serving time and it looks so yummy, but I'm stinge and don't want to pay for something from the plane. I want real food. Wonder if the resorts food place will be open still. Thank goodness Airnz provided us with two meals so my stomachs not too empty! Although actually my last meal was over ten hours ago.
I'm really intrigued as to whether or not I will have a room mate at the hotel already. I kind of hope not cause I'm not going to get there till after midnight. How awkward is that? You only get one first impression too. Don't want to be known as Batman sneaking in through the dark or turning the light on and waking someone up.......I guess I will see in a few hours.
Its still pretty surreal that this Disney thing is even happening! I guess once I meet someone else in the same boat (pun intended) I should start to feel excited and i can stop being so nervous.
I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow, although not sure my body clock will allow or not. But I will definitely go swimming and maybe hit up Walmart! How I have missed thee (: Oh and of course i'll take lots of photos.
Alright I'm going to shut this off, my eyes are getting sleepy. (Yay) if I sleep the trip will go faster!
Goodnight to all, will post again as soon as I can!
Rach x
No comments:
Post a Comment