Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to Pisgah - First half

-->
The arrival back at camp was so familiar – it was as if I hadn’t left. Seeing all the staff again just made me so happy. Staff training was great and I believe it was such a success because of the high returnee rate of staff.

Training flew by and before we knew it, we had the day campers arriving. Usually here by 8ish and gone by 4 it was a pretty cruisy week. The theme of session one was Safari and we had an All Camp activity on the Friday afternoon which was a lot of fun. The kids loved chasing after the staff dressed as animals and ‘locking’ them up in ‘cages’. That week and the week following I stayed in Pioneer Ridge which I was pleased about. My favourite unit and I was there my first weeks back. 

Second session of camp I worked with Barbie and together we had the Pisgah Idol program. The girls created a performance to show for at campfire on the Thursday night. We were both so proud of them – as they did an amazing job. I still keep in touch with a few of these campers. I ‘adopted’ one as my lil sister, because she was so awesome and she had brown hair – just like me! I still think they were my favourite group of girls. [Well close with another group anyways.]

The All Camp for this week was the ‘Carnival’. I was on ‘dunk the counselor’ at the pool where the kids through nerf balls at us and tried get us in the pool. It was a great one – the big waterslide was superb and so was all the whipped cream from ‘pie in the face’.

At the end of this week I headed to Lake Chatuge with Cyan, Kook, Lynx and Bunny and we stayed in a camper there with Cyan’s parents. Had a pretty sweet time. I learnt how to waterski which Id never really done before and also just swam, laxed out and enjoyed the lovely sunshine. It was a lot of fun.
Royal week rolled up very quickly and session three began. I had Waterfalls and Wading with Moe, Pickles and Salty. We had some great kids, quite a few from last year, which was quite exciting. Our trips involved, tubing, visiting Hooker Falls and going to Sliding Rock and Looking Glass Falls. It was great! During the week there was also llama trek [go camping with llamas] and camp crawl [which is where other camps came to visit us]. Royal dinner was a hit [the All Camp for that week]. I was a jester again just as I had been last year [did request that]. My fellow jester buddy was Froggy from Camp Keyawhee and together we had a lot of fun!


To top the first half off, Sprinkles, Jaffa, Dutch, Grasshopper, and myself went and stayed at Mouses place in Canton. We also went to Cullowhee fand stayed two nights. Did some exploring around Asheville. Watched the fireworks there for 4th July, went and saw a movie [Third Twilight movie] and also went to Carrowinds - a theme park in Charlotte. It was pretty awesome except I didn’t enjoy it as much as I got very light headed. Im thinking it was from the heat, lack of water and crazy rollercoasters. But we still had fun. It was nice to stay off camp and just hang out with other staff members.

No comments: