Friday, March 18, 2011

The big hundy!

#68 Live in the Rockies 
#107 Learn to snowboard

What an accomplishment!

Novice skier 101 days ago and boy have I come far!
Looking back over the last 4 months – I really have been so blessed with everything.

Today I sat at the top of one of my favorite runs in the sunshine and snow and reflected on what an amazing season it has been so far!

Here’s a trip down memory lane of some of the most memorable moments to date...

Most memorable moment: Skiing my very first day on Catamount. I had some pretty sweet speed – just no control haha! And then being at the top of the gondy – day two. It was such an amazing sight!

Favourite places to ski: Depends on the day and snow but a few fav would have to be Whistle blower, Goat ya goat, Race place, Euph-ubbly, Feuz bowl chutes [any].

Worst moment/day: Sliding down my favourite chute with one ski. Also clipping a log and hitting my head on double header [same day]. Should have taken it easy the next few days but…I like the snow too much!!!

Most happiest moment: Probably have to be the day I hiked up T1 alone and skied into superbowl. Fresh tracks through deep powder and had the whole bowl to myself. I was smiling the whole way down!

Funniest moment: Learning how to ski, also finding my ski leaning up against a rock on whitewall. Oh and learning how to Snowboard too.

Best tree run: I cant decide. Each and every one of them!! Euph-ubbly and Pioneer I think are the favs though!

Scariest moment: Probably standing at the top of Glory, all alone. Praying that I wouldn’t fall, lose my ski…and then tumble all the way to the bottom. Thankfully I didn’t.

Memorable groomer run: Michelle and I non-stop. Crystal bowl, Euphoria, Kicking Horse Upper, Grizzly Paw Middle and Lower. Travelling at the speed of sound…well it felt like it.

Memorable Powder day: Probably my first ever powder day. I wouldn’t stop laughing. I just didn’t know what to do with my skis! Let’s just say I’m not sure how much snow was actually left on the mountain by the time I got back to base!

Proudest moment: Think it would have to be the day i showed a couple around the mountain - took them to a bunch of great places. It was there first time at KH. Also shared a few tips with them! Made me feel pretty spesh!

All in all, it has been a fantastic 100 days. I've only 21 days to go - but no doubt there is plenty more exploring to do. My aim for the rest of the season is to do as many CPR and Feuz bowl chutes i can..so far, so good i think. And of course to keep skiing every day!

Met some awesome people, had alot of great tips thrown my way and the memories here will last a lifetime!

Until next time, peace out..

Oh and one last thing - *hand hugs* for all!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME BLOG RACH!!!! You must be so fit by now!!! SUPER strong legs and abs hahaha! Keep it up :) Don't stop til you have to xxx Loren.