That evening it was a good catch up with Lynx. Lots of camp talk involved of course. It was so great being able to talk to someone about camp again in person and be able to share my excitement for the coming months.
Awoke reasonably early Thursday and headed off to class. My first taste of University classes – I was pretty excited! Tech was first and was actually quite interesting. The teacher spoke of an air crash over Canada some years ago which really did grab my attention. Of course he got onto the technical side of things and I lost interest soon after. Next class was Russian. Now that was very fun to listen too. Obviously didn’t understand a word. But the teacher was lovely and the class mates were too. I even learnt how to say “I speak Russian” – “Yo Guvare pa russki” Or something along those lines, don’t know how accurate my spelling was in that. After Russian class we were done for the day and headed to lunch with a couple of Lynx’s buddies. Lovely day outside, ate lunch and hung out with them and a few others throughout the afternoon. That evening we just chilled back at the house.
Friday morning I slept in while Lynx went to her first class. Met her for Russian though – her second class. They had a test so I just booked my flights on my laptop [= As soon as she was done with the test we caught back up with her friends at their apartment. Piano late afternoon, and I got to play too. Wish I knew how to read music though. It’d been too long. But I could do the beginning of ‘Titanic’ and another small tune commonly played. That evening we cooked dinner [homemade pizza] and had the friends all over. It was a bunch of fun!
Saturday morning we both slept in, and then headed into the city. Ate at an amazing sushi restaurant [almost as good as Sushi Kuma [= And wandered around the mall. That evening just hung out, semi packed and watched a movie.
Friday morning I slept in while Lynx went to her first class. Met her for Russian though – her second class. They had a test so I just booked my flights on my laptop [= As soon as she was done with the test we caught back up with her friends at their apartment. Piano late afternoon, and I got to play too. Wish I knew how to read music though. It’d been too long. But I could do the beginning of ‘Titanic’ and another small tune commonly played. That evening we cooked dinner [homemade pizza] and had the friends all over. It was a bunch of fun!
Saturday morning we both slept in, and then headed into the city. Ate at an amazing sushi restaurant [almost as good as Sushi Kuma [= And wandered around the mall. That evening just hung out, semi packed and watched a movie.
Sunday – Happy Easter!! Arose early, ate chocolate for breakfast [of course] then headed to Fairmont Park. Didn’t realise it was going to be so hot and we both wore long pants. Fail - as it was a lovely sunny day. [it was suppose to turn bad]. Lynx and I took photos, did some sightseeing and had a good time. I boarded the bus bound for Washington DC at 3pm.
All in all a lovely 4 days spent with Lynx [aka Lindsay – a camp friend]. It was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle from NYC and we had such great weather too!!
All in all a lovely 4 days spent with Lynx [aka Lindsay – a camp friend]. It was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle from NYC and we had such great weather too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment